Laser Processing Group
Study and development of photonic materials/waveguides and techniques/devices for producing, processing or manipulating photons, by means of nanostructured materials. Understanding fundamental phenomena at the nanometer scale and at the femtosecond and picosecond time scales.
Materials, waveguides and structures for photonics applications.
Unique materials (glasses, nanophases…) and structures (layers, waveguides… ) by Pulsed Laser Deposition (PLD)
Nanostructured materials, nanostructuring, interaction phenomena at the nanometer scale.
Multiple (optical, magnetic,…) functionalization using tailored nanostructures produced by PLD
Understanding/control of laser-matter interactions on ultrafast (femtosecond, picosecond) scales for technological applications.
Femtosecond-laser processing: new venues for functionalization (3D photonics, nanoscale engineering,…)
Projects funded by Spanish Agencies
- Photon Mangement in nanostructures for smart lightening and active switching, TEC2015-69916-C2-1-R (MINECO), (Coordinated Project. Coordinator IO); 01/01/2016-31/12/2018. Funding IO: 237.886,00 €. PI: Serna and J. Gonzalo (IO)
- Femtosecond-laser Assisted Self-Organization Processes for Photonics: Ion Migration and Surface Wave Structuring. TEC2014-52642-C2-1-R (MINECO) (Coordinated Project. Coordinator IO); 01/01/2015-30/09/2018. Funding IO: 162.140 €. PI: Solís and J. Siegel (IO), Juan Vallés (Univ. Zaragoza)
- Upgrading and extension of the NIR facilities for the measurement of thin film nanostructured systems at the Instituto de Optica (IO), CSIC13-4E-2228/MINECO, Funding IO: 137,42 €. PI: R. Serna. (01/01/2013- 31/12/2015)
- Advanced multiscale architectures for light emission, TEC2012-38901-C02-01/MINECO; 01/01/2013-31/12/2015. Funding IO: 299 €. PI: R. Serna
- Laser structuring of photonic materials using spatially and temporally shaped light sources, TEC2011-22422/MINECO; 01/ 01/2012-31/12/2014. Funding IO: 747 €. PI: J. Solís and J.Siegel
- Multidimensional patterning of materials for biomedical applications and photonics, MAT2011-28345-C02-02/MINECO;01/01/2012-30/06/2014; Funding IO: 000 €. PI: C. N. Afonso
- Development of a low cost femtosecond laser for industrial applications, IPT-2011-1121-020000/MINECO, INNPACTO sub-programme; 15/05/2011-14/05/2014. Funding: 709.098 €. Funding IO:70 k€. PI: C. Zaldo; PI CSIC-IO: J. Solis (5 research groups and one company)
Projects funded by EU Programs
- Laser- induced Nanostructures as Biomimetic Model of Fluid Transport in the Integument of Animals (LiNaBioFluid); UE, H2020: FETOPEN 665337; 01/07/2015-30/06/2018; (6 research groups and 1 company). Funding IO:082 €. PI-IO: J. Siegel.
- Functionalities of Bismuth-based nanostructures (BisNano), FP7-NMP-2010 EU-Mexico Grant Agreement no. 263878; 01/10/2010-30/09/2013; (6 res. groups and 1 company). Funding: 141.040 €. PI: Serna.
- Contract with Saftra Photonics (Slovaquia) for the EU Project “Disruptive portable device for pre-screening of Persistent Organic Pollutants –POPs- in food products and water” (H2020, Project 766742). IP Gonzalo