Materials, waveguides and structures for photonics applications.
Unique materials (glasses, nanophases…) and structures (layers, waveguides… ) by Pulsed Laser Deposition (PLD)
Nanostructured materials, nanostructuring, interaction phenomena at the nanometer scale.
Multiple (optical, magnetic,…) functionalization using tailored nanostructures produced by PLD
Understanding/control of laser-matter interactions on ultrafast (femtosecond, picosecond) scales for technological applications.
Femtosecond-laser processing: new venues for functionalization (3D photonics, nanoscale engineering,…)
Projects and contracts
Funded by Spanish Agencies
- Small Ecological footprint Nanophotonic Structures Integration by Laser processes for light emission and optical sensing (SENSIL), RTI2018-096498-B-I00. 01/01/2019-31/12/2021. PIs: R. Serna and J. Gonzalo
- Ultrafast laser Directed Self-Organization of Nanostructures, (UDISON.), TEC2017-82464-R. 01/01/2018-31/12/2020. PIs: J. Siegel and J. Solis
- Photon Mangement in nanostructures for smart lightening and active switching, TEC2015-69916-C2-1-R (MINECO), (Coordinated Project. Coordinator IO); 01/01/2016-31/12/2018. PI: Serna and J. Gonzalo (IO)
- Femtosecond-laser Assisted Self-Organization Processes for Photonics: Ion Migration and Surface Wave Structuring. TEC2014-52642-C2-1-R (MINECO) (Coordinated Project. Coordinator IO); 01/01/2015-30/09/2018. PI: Solís and J. Siegel (IO), Juan Vallés (Univ. Zaragoza)
- Upgrading and extension of the NIR facilities for the measurement of thin film nanostructured systems at the Instituto de Optica (IO), CSIC13-4E-2228/MINECO, PI: R. Serna. (01/01/2013- 31/12/2015)
- Advanced multiscale architectures for light emission, TEC2012-38901-C02-01/MINECO; 01/01/2013-31/12/2015. PI: R. Serna
- Laser structuring of photonic materials using spatially and temporally shaped light sources, TEC2011-22422/MINECO; 01/ 01/2012-31/12/2014. PI: J. Solís and J.Siegel
- Multidimensional patterning of materials for biomedical applications and photonics, MAT2011-28345-C02-02/MINECO;01/01/2012-30/06/2014; PI: C. N. Afonso
- Development of a low cost femtosecond laser for industrial applications, IPT-2011-1121-020000/MINECO, INNPACTO sub-programme; 15/05/2011-14/05/2014. PI: C. Zaldo; PI CSIC-IO: J. Solis (5 research groups and one company)
Funded by EU Programs
- Bio-inspired Protection of Marble with Lasers (BioProMarL), UE, H2020 FETOPEN Launchpad 852048, 01/09/2019-28/02/2021; (1 research group and 1 company). PI-IO: Jan Siegel
- Laser- induced Nanostructures as Biomimetic Model of Fluid Transport in the Integument of Animals (LiNaBioFluid); UE, H2020: FETOPEN 665337; 01/07/2015-30/06/2018; (6 research groups and 1 company). PI-IO: J. Siegel.
- Functionalities of Bismuth-based nanostructures (BisNano), FP7-NMP-2010 EU-Mexico Grant Agreement no. 263878; 01/10/2010-30/09/2013; (6 res. groups and 1 company). PI: Serna.
- Contract with Saftra Photonics (Slovaquia) for the EU Project “Disruptive portable device for pre-screening of Persistent Organic Pollutants –POPs- in food products and water” (H2020, Project 766742). IP Gonzalo